For: Anyone interested in offering support to bereaved adults and children in their community, or place of work. You need to be sponsored by a professional group or individual. (We do not accept anyone who has had a close bereavement within the last two years.) Aim: To introduce and develop basic skills of bereavement care.
- To develop an understanding of the grieving process;
- To develop the skills of empathetic listening and responding;
- To recognise how grief affects relationships with family and friends;
- To identify one’s own experience of loss;
- To acquire ideas for setting boundaries and managing difficult questions.
Dates and time:
DATE: Monday 25th AND Tuesday 26th October 2021
TIME: 10.00am – 3.30pm
Holy Trinity Church Hall, Gateway Close, Northwood
£90 – non-members
£50 – members
Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an appropriate price.
We tend to run these every couple of months so we can meet everyone’s availability.