For: Anyone interested in offering support to bereaved adults and children in their community, or place of work. You need to be sponsored by a professional group or individual. (We do not accept anyone who has had a close bereavement within the last two years.) Aim: To introduce and develop basic skills of bereavement care.
- To develop an understanding of the grieving process;
- To develop the skills of empathic listening and responding;
- To recognise how grief affects relationships with family and friends;
- To identify one’s own experience of loss;
- To acquire ideas for setting boundaries and managing difficult questions.
Dates and time: The next Initial Bereavement Training Course takes place on two consecutive Thursdays, 13th & 20th September 2018. Both days 9.45am – 4.00pm. If you are interested, you can download an application form or contact the Bereavement Care Office (020 8427 5720).
Venue: The Lodge, 64 Pinner Road, Harrow HA1 4HZ
Cost: £80 (A reduced rate is available for Individual and Corporate Members of Bereavement Care).
Download an application form