For: Anyone interested in offering support to bereaved adults and children in their community, or place of work. You need to be sponsored by a professional group or individual. (We do not accept anyone who has had a close bereavement within the last two years.) Aim: To introduce and develop basic skills of bereavement care.
- To develop an understanding of the grieving process;
- To develop the skills of empathic listening and responding;
- To recognise how grief affects relationships with family and friends;
- To identify one’s own experience of loss;
- To acquire ideas for setting boundaries and managing difficult questions.
Dates and time: If you are interested, please contact the Bereavement Care Office (020 8427 5720) so that your name can be added to the list and we will notify you of the next available date.
Venue: The Lodge, 64 Pinner Road, Harrow HA1 4HZ
Cost: £80 (A reduced rate is available for Individual and Corporate Members of Bereavement Care).
Download an application form (NOT YET AVAILABLE)