For: Anyone interested in offering support to bereaved adults and children in their community, or place of work. You need to be sponsored by a professional group or individual. (We do not accept anyone who has had a close bereavement within the last two years.) Aim: To introduce and develop basic skills of bereavement care.
- To develop an understanding of the grieving process;
- To develop the skills of empathetic listening and responding;
- To recognise how grief affects relationships with family and friends;
- To identify one’s own experience of loss;
- To acquire ideas for setting boundaries and managing difficult questions.
Our next Initial Bereavement Training Course:
VENUE: Harrow Voluntary Services Centre, The Lodge, 64 Pinner Road, Harrow HA1 4HZ
DATE: Thursdays 9th & 16th November 2023
TIME: Two Days (9.30am – 3.30pm)
APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE HERE