New Years Appeal 2021 with Terry Waite
First established in 1981, Bereavement Care has been offering free support to relieve the pain and distress caused by bereavement among the residents of Harrow and the surrounding areas.
Grief from the loss of a loved one can be a very tough and lonely journey for adults and children alike. During these uncertain times, lockdown restrictions have left bereaved people more isolated and distraught. Our services available for free and are needed now, more than ever.
SUPPORT AT THE NEW YEAR
Coping with grief can be especially painful during the winter season, even years after someone has passed away. Some will be experiencing their first Christmas without the presence of the ones they have lost, which can be unbearable.
We strongly believe that no one should have to suffer alone and with your support, we can continue to provide the following services:
- Training for individuals to become ‘bereavement visitors’ who will offer counselling and support for bereaved individuals
- Additional training for visitors who provide support for bereaved children
- Training and supervising suitable volunteers in listening skills for working with bereaved people
- Accept more referrals from parents, legal guardians, schools, C.A.M.H.S or Local Authorities
- More virtual visits between a bereavement visitor and a bereaved person, where all conversations are strictly confidential
- Co-operation with, and offer of training to, other agencies who are engaged in similar work
- Increase public awareness and knowledge of the needs of bereaved people throughout the community
A SMALL GIFT + GIFT AID
With your wonderful support, we can help reach out to those who need our help the most. Please remember to Gift Aid your donation as this help increase the value of your donation by 25% at no extra cost to you.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and read our appeal page. Everyone’s grief is different, but by talking to someone who is available to listen, you can still make a difference, however small.
Donations can be made here https://www.justgiving.com/bereavementcare